Zapper Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zapper Heroes

Wii gaming community

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
https://zapperheroes.forumotion.com/introduce-yourself-to-the-community-f7/joining-zapper-heroes-t88.htm#562
Find us on Fabebook!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» To Anyone that sees this
New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 1:44 pm by zhantagonizer

» WiiU.......
New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 pm by blackbeltbap

» ok, this website is officially dead
New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 pm by blackbeltbap

» conduit 2 vids
New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 am by ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

» conduit 2 is out....anyone?
New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 pm by blackbeltbap

» wii demos!!
New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:38 pm by [zh]seigies

» Maiwaine here!!!!
New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:52 pm by Casull

» MOH patches!!
New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:47 pm by Casull

» battlefield 1943 gameplay (ps3)
New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:01 pm by [zh]seigies

Similar topics
https://zapperheroes.forumotion.com/ARCADE-h3.htm

New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games

Go down 
+4
black_starichigo165
Papa T
blackbeltbap
Quatre4
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Quatre4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Quatre4

New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games Empty
PostSubject: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Well A good friend of mine pointed out something important. It sometimes sucks to be in California. But this is happening in many states. "The California law slaps anyone who sells or rents a "violent video game" to a minor with a $1,000 fine. That was defined as a game in which the player has the option of "killing, maiming, dismembering, or sexually assaulting an image of a human being" in offensive ways. Parents or guardians are still permitted to buy those games for minors." <- this is in Cali but is happening elsewhere which is funny but pretty serious cuz this deals with you fyglings.

Here are to sites that give more info.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20003448-38.html

http://videogamevoters.org/

Fight for your right to play little ones.
Back to top Go down
blackbeltbap

blackbeltbap

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:24 pm

i know about it, i dont understand becuase at least gamestop already implements this you have to have a parent to get an m rated game at gamestop, so im kind of use to it
Back to top Go down
Papa T
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Papa T

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:17 am

Well the law was blocked by the courts so it isn't actually in effect. The Supreme Court will decide if the law is constitutional or not and set the precedent for all the other states with similar laws. They should strike it down, we still have a good court.
Back to top Go down
black_starichigo165
black_starichigo165

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:51 am

Okay, I'll be telling you guys a REAL story about what happened to me at gamestop a few years back, when I was like 12. Now this does relate to this new law and in fact I've already knew about it, it was on yahoo lol.
Anyways, grab some popcorn kiddies. Basically, I went to gamestop on my 12th birthday, Knowing since I'm 12 now I can buy E, E10 or T games. So I went ahead and bought like 5 games, 2 E, 2 E10 and 1 T. Apparently I wasn't old enough to buy them since I didn't have an ID, now they knew I was 12 cause I'm a regular there, and in fact to this day I still am, they remember me very clearly lol. Now they couldn't sell me those games cause I didnt have my parents with me at the time. Which was sorta stupid, but at the sametime I understood what point of view they were telling. Cause now I've seen kids these days playing M and Adult games and in fact just yesterday, kC had a lazer tag birthday party, we faught against kids, they were the most annoying bunch ever. They came up with the most lamest excuses cause we were kicking their butts pretty badly. They even cussed. They were only 11 and 10. Kids these days. Even internet can prove it. Now back in my days, if you even uttered the word crap, you'd get a BIGGGG WHOOPING that your butt would spout a 2nd crack forming a 2nd butt. I think it should apply to all states, but with some changes, if you're 16 and up and buying an M game you really shouldn't need your parents there. Buying that M game should give you responsibility. If you do the actions in real life, your lost. Kiddies 15 and below, always have a parent buy them, even though I dont advise you do. You're too young to know such things lol.
Back to top Go down
blackbeltbap

blackbeltbap

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:42 am

i agree, these little kids dont need to be playing m rated games, it already pisses me off when someone my age cusses because back when i was living up north, in illinois, i fyou cussed in school, you probably would have been suspended, and if you brought illegal drugs to school you would have been expelled actually if you brought legal drugs to school you would have been expelled
Back to top Go down
DragoonDude

DragoonDude

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Well, there are a few kids who should never be allowed to play M games like this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Petric_Shooting and instead be locked into a padded room, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
blackbeltbap

blackbeltbap

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:14 pm

ya i have to say but no one in there right mind would take a game seriously, you cannot blame what that kid did on the game. ih ave to say but the only way i would give my vote as a yes in congress is if you can find me 1 million cases of this happening in the us, and at least 50 percent of the cases have to deal with i kid over 12 doing this becuse taht is most of the people that buy mature games, i do have to say no kid under 10 should own an m rated game, because they cannot moralize the difference between reality in a game, and some 10 yr olds act out alot of what they see too
Back to top Go down
rebel47

rebel47

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 pm

blackbeltbap wrote:
i agree, these little kids dont need to be playing m rated games, it already pisses me off when someone my age cusses because back when i was living up north, in illinois, i fyou cussed in school, you probably would have been suspended, and if you brought illegal drugs to school you would have been expelled actually if you brought legal drugs to school you would have been expelled

if u swear north illinios they dont care anymore unless u live in a suburban
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Almost everyone I know in Arkansas Swears. I guess its a country thing.
Back to top Go down
ZHkilla
Admin
Admin
ZHkilla

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:17 pm

I stand by the law! I run a very tight ship at my household which consists of 15yr old and 7yr old daughters and a 2 1/2 yr old son. I wouldn't let my 15yr old daughter watch me play COD till last year because of the online language. As for the 7yr old, she is still not allowed near the games while they are being played. All tv/movies are PG and below in the house and sometimes Mrs. Killa vetos a PG movie. 15 yr old just now started watching PG 13 movies and a occasional rated R movie as long as its only rated R for violence and some language. The rest of the Rated R movies she isn't allowed to watch, and Mrs. Killa will turn any movie off if to many swear words are being said, even if its only us watching it. She feels only the ignorant need to express themselves with constant profanity and if that's what they do in movies, then it isn't worth her time to watch it. I could go on and on on subjects like this and how ppl should be raising their kids , but it is your place to decide how you choose to raise your kids, and what you allow them to watch. I know I was raised by the fear of the switch, and I wouldn't dare cuss or disrespect any elders. Heck I still can't cuss around my parents to this day and I'm 34. It's basically a respect thing and I raise my kids so that they will have these same type of morals as my parents instilled in me. So now go kills some d enemies and **** them pubs brothren! :like
Back to top Go down
https://zapperheroes.forumotion.com
Lt.Bacon

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:48 am

im 17 and i agree that games should have a more intense distribution system. The single player mode for black ops is so gruesome and the language is so bad im surprised it has a M rating. honestly i also find little kids annoying online, especially when they only have mics to yell when they die. most little kids die a lot online.
i was at the local play n trade games and it was sick how many parents were buying young children black ops.
i feel that some parents are to ignorant these days, if i was still that little my dad would have laughed in my face and told me to go get pokemon or mario instead. Most of these parents probably never monitor the games their kids play, but within the first thirty seconds of the game mason screams "F*** YOU" and "GO TO HELL". and that pretty much sets you up for the whole games tone. its gross that parents let little grade school kids play this game.
Back to top Go down
blackbeltbap

blackbeltbap

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:43 pm

ya i that made me mad to mason cusses alot in the first couple minutes of game, i wish there was an option on all game s to turn offensive language off. because i really like cod games for the gameplay, not blood, gore, and cuss words
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games   New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Laws to On Restricting Minors to Buy Games
Page 1 of 1