Zapper Heroes

Wii gaming community

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
https://zapperheroes.forumotion.com/introduce-yourself-to-the-community-f7/joining-zapper-heroes-t88.htm#562
Find us on Fabebook!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» To Anyone that sees this
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 1:44 pm by zhantagonizer

» WiiU.......
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 pm by blackbeltbap

» ok, this website is officially dead
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 pm by blackbeltbap

» conduit 2 vids
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 am by ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

» conduit 2 is out....anyone?
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 pm by blackbeltbap

» wii demos!!
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:38 pm by [zh]seigies

» Maiwaine here!!!!
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:52 pm by Casull

» MOH patches!!
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:47 pm by Casull

» battlefield 1943 gameplay (ps3)
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:01 pm by [zh]seigies

Similar topics
https://zapperheroes.forumotion.com/ARCADE-h3.htm

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cng

cng

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection Empty
PostSubject: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Here's something a little different...

Before I was married, I was an avid 1/18 (one-eighteenth scale) diecast car collector. There is no money for that now although I am still a car fanatic. In terms of actually size, they are typically between 9 to 10 inches in length.

Out of my collection, the C9 and the Birdcage are my favourite because the details on these models are incredible. The wheels are removable after you undo the lugnuts. All the body panels can be removed – some can be detached by hand and the rest can be removed with a screwdriver. What you don’t see is the functional suspension and steering. There is a hefty price for admission ($250+ each) so they are definitely not kid’s toys.

Click on the thumbnail for larger pictures.
1989 Le Mans – 1st All Over – C1 Class Winner – Sauber Mercedes C9
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection PbucketPhotos of My Old Hobby Collection PbucketPhotos of My Old Hobby Collection Pbucket

Maserati Tipo 61 “Birdcage”
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection PbucketPhotos of My Old Hobby Collection PbucketPhotos of My Old Hobby Collection Pbucket

Here are selected pictures of my collection. Not all of them are posted here because I have over 220 of them.
Click on the thumbnail for larger pictures.

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection Pbucket Photos of My Old Hobby Collection PbucketPhotos of My Old Hobby Collection Pbucket

Both my Mercedes Benz SL and SLK models have functional hardtops. The trunk lid opens in the proper direction like the real car, before/after the hardtop has been opened/closed. Some of the models have real leather, carpetted interior, functional pop-up headlights, spoilers, gear levers, sun visors and gloves boxes, removable fuel caps and trunk mats as well as tool kits to disassemble them with.

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection PbucketPhotos of My Old Hobby Collection Pbucket

So are there any autophiles among this group?

Last edited by cng on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZH|Ku12312
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ZH|Ku12312

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:51 pm

WOW cng!

I remember my grandpa kind of had a collection of these too, but it wasn't much.
I was small back then when I saw some of his stuff (I'm sure Ichi kind of remembers also).

Back to top Go down
http://www.kudarbe.webs.com
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:00 pm

So where do you put all of them????

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection 0e1339fb15567feb59b3559"Happy Hunting......."MW3:3916-5455-0868
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection Realbonesig
Back to top Go down
cng

cng

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:49 pm

For now, they are now stored in their original boxes in the unfinished basement. When I get around to finish my "man cave", I will have a wall glass cabinet to display the more interesting ones.
Back to top Go down
[ZH]sunset

[ZH]sunset

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 11:45 pm

IN a few years theyre gonna be worth alot more.As these kinda of collections are dissaperaring.Keep them and theyll be worth more then 1K
Back to top Go down
cng

cng

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:13 am

I hope they're worth a lot more than $1000 in a few year's time!!! I've never added up all the money on my collection but between 2004 and 2007, I probably spent about $30,000(!!) on the hobby.

The diecasts in my collection are not found at your local Walmart or Costco. The diecasts from Walmart and Costco are considered to be low end at best by hobbyists. The diecasts I collected were considered to be high end/premium and they're typically between $100 to $250. That's why no one touches my collection; not even my wife. After I tell my friends how much some of them are worth, they would be afraid to touch them, even though I gave them permission to.
Back to top Go down
rhyno

rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:57 am

I have nothing to show for my hobby besides pics and stories. I'll be MIA starting spring through summer because I'll be at the lake. Here's one from the last year...
Photos of My Old Hobby Collection 31037_1477208411321_1267074950_31252375_1296320_n
Back to top Go down
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Holy crap man! Dont tell me you noodle them suckers! Nice one. Only other hobby I have is playing poker but I dont really have any pics of that.

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection 0e1339fb15567feb59b3559"Happy Hunting......."MW3:3916-5455-0868
Back to top Go down
ZH|Ku12312
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ZH|Ku12312

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:45 pm

ZHbonecrackr wrote:
Holy crap man! Dont tell me you noodle them suckers! Nice one. Only other hobby I have is playing poker but I dont really have any pics of that.

Bone and his poker face lol. Texas Hold'em ftw
Back to top Go down
http://www.kudarbe.webs.com
black_starichigo165
black_starichigo165

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Ma ma ma ma ma ma ma poker fayce. Anyways. I don't remember our old man gramps having somethin like this kC. If any possible... I do collect pokemon cards and yugioh lololololololololololololol. Yeah I know. I'm a nerd. It was worse when I was a kid. Now I only like cards that are shiny and sparkle. Any other hobby of mine would have to be Collection very old video games. I remember I have all the final fantasy games from NES to ps3. The only final fantasy game I haven't played yet would have to be FF8. I'm dying to get my hands on that game for so many years. I finally found it on PS3 but sadly enough I wanted to replay FF7 lol. I also like collecting fighting games too. Any kinda of games I prolly have in my collection. I'm currently working on getting my Fatal Frame series finished and stuff, but of course that's MY hobby.

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection Qichi-1

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection Ichbanner
Back to top Go down
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:17 am

Sold my FF7 game and strategy guide for like $75 to some dude at work about 5 years ago. If you have the original copy (not the greatest hits), its worth some money.

I have FF8 if your interested! ;D

Back to top Go down
rhyno

rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:12 pm

ZHbonecrackr wrote:
We have trotlines we leave out year round bone. That was one of many last year. That pic makes me laugh everytime I see it because it was like the 5th one and my arms were starting to shake from holding him up. You play online poker?
Back to top Go down
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Ya I have played online since 99 or so. Plus live when I can. I usually go back and forth from Wii to that. Usually Im on Poker Stars.

Back to top Go down
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Oh BTW happy b-day

Back to top Go down
rhyno

rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 7:43 pm

ZHbonecrackr wrote:
Oh BTW happy b-day
Thank ya thank ya sir. Just past a quarter century and feel old for some reason. I play a lot of dominoes. The game in my family is called 42. Kind of like spades but with dominoes.
Back to top Go down
black_starichigo165
black_starichigo165

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:14 pm

ZHbonecrackr wrote:
Sold my FF7 game and strategy guide for like $75 to some dude at work about 5 years ago. If you have the original copy (not the greatest hits), its worth some money.

I have FF8 if your interested! ;D

Omg bone you play the Final Fantasy series?! LOL OMG I NEVER KNEW. I would love to play FF8 if I still had my ps. When I replayed FF7 it was on my ps3. It was just the original that I downloaded after payin like 10 bucks. Now I'm fully aware the the original original is worth so much more. I know at this used gamestore called Game Exchange (don't know if that's just here in Kansas, but I do know there are other stores called Trade n Play such and such) they had the original FF7 for like 30-40 bucks. But still lol, you? Final Fantasy? They just don't mix at all.

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection Qichi-1

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection Ichbanner
Back to top Go down
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR
Admin
Admin
ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Well that was when I first got a PS1, and that game was all the rave. I did beat it and then I got FF8 but never played it all the way through. Got a PS2 and FFX but.....well its dumb. FFX2...wow that was epic crapola. Oh BTW check out this guys reviews of the FF games. Hes a hoot!

http://spoonyexperiment.com/

For the most part the only games I play now are FPS games online.

Back to top Go down
Quatre4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Quatre4

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:56 am

Nice CNG but where are the 60's and 70's man!! I'm talking bout american muscle!!!!! Nice GT40 and beamers. One last thing is, do you collect and build? or just buy, because if you build thatd be even awesomr.

Hmm, I'm sort of a geek also. I guess we all have something that makes us nerdy in our lifetime. I collected gundam merchandise since i think it is the best thing ever to come out of a anime. I collected the action figures, 1/100 models and even the video games. I aslo have my old lego sets I built like 7-8 years ago because it was such an achievement for most of the things I do now. I still draw and keep all my sketch books and artworks of stuff Ive won to show my progress. But my crowning jewel art the moment I keep up on my wall is a hotwheels race car. Of my fave car 1969 GTO judge, it's about 15 years old still in the box. sawweeeeet!!!

Livebanner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photos of My Old Hobby Collection   Photos of My Old Hobby Collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photos of My Old Hobby Collection
Page 1 of 1