Zapper Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zapper Heroes

Wii gaming community

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
https://zapperheroes.forumotion.com/introduce-yourself-to-the-community-f7/joining-zapper-heroes-t88.htm#562
Find us on Fabebook!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» To Anyone that sees this
Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 1:44 pm by zhantagonizer

» WiiU.......
Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 pm by blackbeltbap

» ok, this website is officially dead
Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 pm by blackbeltbap

» conduit 2 vids
Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 am by ZH BoNeCrAcKeR

» conduit 2 is out....anyone?
Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 pm by blackbeltbap

» wii demos!!
Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:38 pm by [zh]seigies

» Maiwaine here!!!!
Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:52 pm by Casull

» MOH patches!!
Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:47 pm by Casull

» battlefield 1943 gameplay (ps3)
Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:01 pm by [zh]seigies

Similar topics
https://zapperheroes.forumotion.com/ARCADE-h3.htm

Ask Casull about... GUNS!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

Ask Casull about... GUNS! Empty
PostSubject: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:18 am

Hey all Evil or Very Mad

Just so it's here and everyone knows,

I'm a weapons expert. Cool

If you would like to know about any of the firearms in any game we play here in ZH let me know and I'll get an info post with images and everything all written by me. pirat There are websites out there with such info, but they get a lot wrong, or even don't put forward very interesting or vital information.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask here.

Twisted Evil H'yah!

Back to top Go down
blackbeltbap

blackbeltbap

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:51 am

ok give me what you got about the famas
Back to top Go down
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

PostSubject: The FAMAS    Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:59 pm

The FAMAS is a French military weapon developed for NATO compliance that has been used from the late 1960s into present day. The rifle fires an undopped 5.56 NATO round, is a bullpup design (meaning the magazine and action are located behind the trigger rather than in front of it unlike the M4) and also is among some of the first rifles to utilize a direct gas impingement system such as that found in the M16/M4 weapon systems.

Example of the gas system in an M4:
Ask Casull about... GUNS! DIRECTM16
This system is what allows for the gun to self-load after every trugger pull or on the fully-automatic setting. The gas pushes the spring pressured bolt back so it will then come forward again pushing a new bullet out of the magazine and into the chamber where it is ready to be fired.

Video gamers tend to keep the FAMAS a favorite due to the controlability and damage ratio given to it in video games. Ironically it is not a very strong weapon in comparison with almost all other NATO weapons in the real world.

Currently the French are looking to eliminate the FAMAS from armories and develop a new weapon. (not in that order)

The reason for this is that the FAMAS design is too aggressive internally and literally rips the casings of more powerful military grade NATO ammo apart. Moreover, there is a fundamental problem with the barrels' ability to stabilize the larger ammunition other NATO forces use as well. Essentially the bullet doesn't fly straight and ends up turning sideways which is terrible if you have to get rounds on target accurately.

French forces are said to have to use steel cased ammunition that won't rip apart- which is also a compromise for corrosive reasons as well as the hardness of steel taking a toll on the weapon. This is said to cause them to buy from China who typically develops such ammunition. (A French reporter disputes)

Another notable fact is that the FAMAS uses a proprietary magazine. That means you can't stick a FAMAS magazine in your M4 because it won't work. The British and pretty much all other nations have adapted the M4/M16 magazine to work in their weapons so we can all share ammo.

All in all, the FAMAS could be said to be a disaster.

But the FAMAS was not simply conceived out of nowhere so poorly. There was in-fact a 7.62 NATO variant. (It fired the M14/M21 round) Black Ops showed the gun as though it were a prototype. If they wanted a more accurate portrayal, they perhaps should have put that variant in the game too.

Very few FAMAS rifles are in the United States today. Larry Vickers, an ex Delta operator, owns one and comments that it is a wonderful rifle in-general and is of course reliable when fed right. One unique feature he appreciates in the design is the fact a left handed person can shoot it too.

Typically older bullpup designs did not allow for left handed shooters to use them because the casings would end up ejecting into their face. Vickers states that the FAMAS allows for the simple rotation of the bolt to convert it into ether left or right handed which is truly a genius feature that most rifles, even bullpups today, do not feature.

The most improved Variant of the FAMAS, the FAMAS G2, is hardly ever seen and not in any video games to my knowledge. The French Navy is the only branch of their military to adopt it. It is said to actually be a huge improvement over the normal FAMAS but for some reason is not adopted otherwise.

Ask Casull about... GUNS! 800px_famas_felin_501556_fh_000002_tfb_tm-tfb

As you can see the "trigger guard" is a huge loop that makes it look like a space gun. that is for the use of large gloves. Note the trigger guard designs of other variants:

Ask Casull about... GUNS! 1524910-famas
This is also apparently a G2... I'll have to check though.

Ask Casull about... GUNS! Famas-mw2-i4
This is the original design.

If you have specific questions feel free to ask. This is all the info I had off the top of my head that you wouldn't easily find.

Back to top Go down
blackbeltbap

blackbeltbap

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:29 pm

ahh your pretty good, and its 5.56 man i wish it was 7.62 then it would be really bad***. and if the french military dont want em no more ill take one, even if it has to be in non-working order. are their any bullpup design guns that use a round bigger/more powerful than a 5.56 Nato
Back to top Go down
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Yes, I'm fortunate enough to have access to a KelTec RFB which is in 7.62
Much more available than the FAMAS in the U.S. too... but still hard to find.

There's also the WA2000 from Bops.

This is in addition to an assortment of bolt-action sniper rifles that are bullpup.

... and I almost forgot... the Chinese have one in service as their DMR (designated marksman rifle), and the Brits had one as a prototype back in the day. Much like the FAMAS, it was tuned down to the 5.56 you see in bops called the Enfield SA-80.
Back to top Go down
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:56 pm

But basically the only one you can really get is the RFB.

I also forgot there's an M14 stock that makes it a bullpup, and there's a version of the Dragunov that is configured similarly.
Back to top Go down
blackbeltbap

blackbeltbap

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:07 pm

ok, can you give me info on the p90, i can keep you busy if you want me to
Back to top Go down
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Just ask about what you want. XP

I'll get to this later. I'm going to the shooting range right now.
Back to top Go down
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 pm

The FN P90 was developed in the late 80's on into 1990 when it was officially introduced. It is a bullpup with a unique method of loading, and the shells eject in such a way that left and right hand shooters can operate it without any modification to the gun whatsoever. The P90 name is said to stand for the year it was finalized [1990]. (Much like the M1911 and AK47 were) However, it is also said it is because the magazine is designed in such a way that the bullet must turn 90 degrees to enter the chamber. [I have seen it myself, and it does]

Ask Casull about... GUNS! Fn-p90-guns-15401821-600-257
P90... airsoft.. lol

I categorize this gun as a Personal Defense Weapon (PDW). PDW's are compact weapons suitable for home defense as well as covert vehicle and CQB operations. It isn't suitable for the battlefield in my opinion, but is certainly better than many things!

An interesting feature is it is not so much that it is a selective fire weapon as it is an instinctual design.
The trigger works so that a half pull will cause it to fire one round, and a full depression of the trigger will cause it to fire in fully automatic mode.

The round it fires is a very splendid 5.7x28mm round which features a smaller shell than the 5.56 found in the M4 but features a bullet that is slightly larger in diameter. Essentially it preforms nearly as well at closer ranges which is a big plus.

A big up-side to the P90 is not only its very manageable recoil (which we also experience in video games), but also the speed and versatility of the rounds. The bullets can be easily loaded to suit roles for overcoming enemy body armor, partician, and tumble abilities. Aside from these are training rounds such as blanks, tracers, and dummy rounds. None of these rounds are commercially available to civilians, however, recreational rounds for the average day at the range, hunting, or simple defense roles are on the shelf in the form of both a full copper round and a special ballistic tip variant.

Deputes as to whether the round is effective enough to "get the job done" are a constant and do not harbor any true results aside from the opinion that only the military rounds are effective. This probably is not true.

The P90 is in use with about 40 countries within military and police agencies. The United States has adopted it with Special Forces as well as agencies such as the FBI. Ironically, the FBI likes big bullets, yet the 5.7x28mm round has come to their standards in performance.

Along side the P90 the FN FiveseveN was produced to be a side arm that fires the same round.
I will take this opportunity to point out the most elite FBI operators choose to use the 1911 which is in .45 ACP. This is not because I personally prefer the 1911 handgun, I fire the FN FiveseveN often enough to appreciate its features.

There are a few variants of the P90, some nicer than others. the standard features a built-in sight that is much like the dot sights in Call of Duty: World at War. It is black, and not very great. Certain models do features illumination which is nice. However, in my experience with these, they suck. The railed model of the P90 which is seen in Modern Warfare features a rail that allows for the mounting of any optic. There are indeed also variants with built-in lasers for target acquisition (essentially just a laser pointer).

Last but not least, there is yet another variant,

The P90 falls into the category of an SBR in the U.S. so if you want to own one there is a tax and some paper work in addition to the laws your state may have. You would also have to have one that is Semi-Auto only, unless you're lucky! That said, there are variants which are made to not fall into these categories. The PS90 is that variant. Featuring a 16 inch barrel and semi-auto only features it is a much easier option. There is no special tax stamp or paper work.

Ask Casull about... GUNS! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK1Pzluyl6eBlgYRTyqgknzuNBDDaCC7pKemSj1PGtwW5VOSO1O4AP_zYStw
PS90 with rail adapted for mounting of any optics.

The MAMA of the P90 is known as the FN2000

but that's another story. . .

Also for noting, the SCAR is made by the same company that makes the P90, and John Moses Browning (the designer of the BAR and 1911) worked for them at the end of his life. He left them with the design of the Browning Hi-Power handgun.

The U.S. uses more FN designs than any other design. FN also makes the M16 now, although it is not their design.

I would not personally choose the P90 in real life, but in the game, it's kind of cheap ... mostly due to the fact it does what it should do.
Back to top Go down
[ZH]sunset

[ZH]sunset

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:09 am

Barrett .50 cal!!! please please please!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:44 pm

Okay, I'll get to that later today. There's a pretty cool new updated one that's been out for a couple years. It's too bad it wasn't in MW3!
Back to top Go down
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

PostSubject: M107    Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:19 pm

The Barrett M107 (Original design called the M82) fires the classic .50 BMG round, and has come to be an iconic weapon in recent years. With its much more vast adoption in anti-terror operations with the U.S. Military, it has proven to be indispensable winning the 2005 military invention of the year.

One great thing about the M107 is its design makes for FAR less felt recoil than most other .50 cal designs. That's a big win.

Ask Casull about... GUNS! Barret+M107

Despite the fact the M107 is very much seen as a "military only" weapon, it is not. In fact, the man himself, Ronnie Barrett, makes these available to civilians with nearly the same care as he does for the United States military. This has been demonstrated in Barrett's choosing to not allow even the California state government to purchase them because California law prevents American citizens living in their state from owning .50 BMG firearms. To that end, Barrett has made a "not quite .50 cal" version just for California citizens to own.

The M107 having evolved from the M82 has gone through innovations. Perfecting the muzzle break being the most obvious. The original design was much less contoured than the newer models.

Ask Casull about... GUNS! 800px-DM-ST-86-07441

The M107's typical use is for stopping vehicles. Many SWAT teams have adopted shorter variants of the M107 (M107CQ) to meet such needs without taking up much space and providing more weapons manipulation abilities. Ronnie Barrett states that it seems these shorter models are more accurate. This is due in part by the stiffer shorter barrel, whereas a longer one is more likely to flux more.

Longer barrels are needed for range, however, and we all know this.

Atop that, we know the M107 is obviously an effective anti-personnel tool.

The U.S. has kept in mind that the Barrett will evolve, and they anticipate advancements in it every decade or so. Ronnie Barret has come up with the next generation M107 coined the M107A1 and is not seen in MW3 since, of course, they never get anything right.

Ask Casull about... GUNS! M107A1_2

Unlike the previous M107, this one features a better ability to utilize a suppressor. Before using one was not so productive and in fact was not good for the system. (It would tear it apart)

The M107A1 is also lighter, thus helping soldiers lug it around much better. (NO MW3 is dumb for making kids think guys can run around with Barretts, they FAR TOO HEAVY and imbalanced to pull that off.)

It has extra ergonomic features that allow users to utilize it in more ways than before.

Ask Casull about... GUNS! 107bg3

The shorter version of the Barrett (pictured above) is likely to become favored. The suppressor takes it to the length of a standard M107, it also increases velocity and range. To that end, MW3 and BF3 both get this one fact in games wrong; that a suppressor makes for less range and damage, that's a lie, it actually makes it more lethal.

Hunters use the Barrett rifles for hunting, too. Many folks would think it was too much, but it simply is effective. It's not like they're using all those fancy rounds the .50 BMG can be ranging from tracer to explosive! (FUN)

If you have questions be sure to ask them. I can't throw in every detail without making this far too boring. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
blackbeltbap

blackbeltbap

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:29 pm

its not boring i like knowing this info,um whast gun should i ask for next, um... i guess we can contunue with what we havent done yet and do the spas 12 shotgun, also can you give me info on the the diferences between the usas-12 and the aa-12 shotguns. their both automatic, i use to believe they were the same gun, but know im wrong because mw3 has both. or you can do something on the desert eagle.
Back to top Go down
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm not big on shotguns but I'm sure I can pull some research on 'em.

Desert Eagle should be pleasant. It's one truly gangsta gun.
Back to top Go down
blackbeltbap

blackbeltbap

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 am

i dont really care what you do. but if you can find out the differences between the two shotguns
Back to top Go down
Casull
Admin
Admin
Casull

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:44 am

Sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask Casull about... GUNS!   Ask Casull about... GUNS! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask Casull about... GUNS!
Page 1 of 1